Making Your Commercial Refrigerator More EfficientMerri | May 1, 2018 | 0 | Food & Drink
For businesses in the food industry, commercial freezers and similar equipment are vital. These are switched on around the clock to prevent perishable products from going bad. As such, they use up a lot of electricity, with typical models consuming around 17000 to 38000 kWh. The good news is that there are many ways to reduce energy usage for the commercial refrigeration service Melbourne has to offer. Here are a few of them:
· Keep the coils clean – Condenser and evaporator coils can build up gunk over time. If overlooked, they can block airflow and drag efficiency down. In worst case scenarios, they can lead to major issues that you don’t want for cold storage Melbourne wide.
· Check the refrigerant charge – Without enough refrigerant charge, the compressor would be put under extra strain. Examine the condenser sight glass to see if there are any bubbles while your system is running. If there are, call a commercial refrigeration storage specialist for help.
· Cover up open-case displays – Display cases are an excellent means to showcase your products but they consume a lot of energy. By covering them up at night or whenever they’re not in use, the cool air is contained so the machine won’t have to run at full capacity while your business is closed. Click here NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
· Upgrade to better equipment – Still not seeing any difference in your electricity bills? It could be that your machines are just old. Replace them with newer models with the help of an ammonia refrigeration specialist like NKS Refrigeration and Air Conditioning in Melbourne.
· Inspect the doors – Worn gaskets, malfunctioning closers, damaged curtains, and misaligned doors can all result in cold air escaping the freezer or refrigerator. Check these parts regularly to see if they need any cleaning or replacement.
· Allow better air circulation – Location is key when it comes to a commercial refrigeration service Melbourne has around. This is because heat builds up in tighter spaces, making the equipment work harder to cool its contents properly. Be sure there’s ample space between each machine and keep them away from the cooking area.
· Switch to LED lighting – Light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs are highly energy efficient and can help reduce refrigeration energy consumption. Not only do they do they last longer but they also emit less heat and operate better in the cold.
· Keep things clean – No matter how busy your establishment might be, you should always have time to tidy your space up. This includes cleaning up your equipment. Be sure to pull your freezers and refrigerators away from the walls and vacuum the backs every now and then. You’d be surprised at the build-up of dust there.
Any business will want to cut back on expenses to gain more profit. As much of an energy monster a commercial refrigeration service Melbourne wide might be, there are still plenty of ways for you to reduce your electricity bills. Taking good care of your equipment certainly helps along with the other tips that have been suggested above.
Don’t forget to seek the help of an expert like NKS to handle any jobs that might be too much for you! See more at https://www.nksrac.com.au/commercial-refrigeration-repairs-melbourne/